Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SLAM ONLINE: The Frederic Weis Story

I got to hang out with Patrick Ewing Jr. a couple of weeks back for a minute. My pal Benji and I tagged along with Wilson Chandler and Anthony Robeson to a late season Liberty game. Patrick Ewing's son seemed like a nice kid who is excited about the chance to play for the team his pops played for.

Young Ewing played high school ball in the city for a little minute and was comfortable around the fans. He seemed excited to be in New York. The crowd roared a bit when he was announced next to his prospective teammates. While he might not be ready for the league just yet, I don't think anyone was mad at what they had to give up to bring him in.

I wrote this post about the career of Frederic Weis at the time of the trade that imported Ewing Jr. from Houston.

No comments: